What kind of report should I file?

While survivors are strongly encouraged to make a report to both the police and the Office of Institutional Equity (OIE) for assistance and investigation, it is ultimately the survivor’s decision as to which type(s) of report, if any, are best for their recovery and well-being. The police investigate criminal violations. The University (OIE) investigates University conduct code and policy violations. Reporting can help to ensure the safety of the victim-survivor and the entire campus community. The Advocates at UCF Victim Services can assist you in deciding what type of reporting is best for you.

University Investigation University Investigation

Search here for information on filing a UCF Report.

Police Reports Police Reports

Search here for information on filing a Police Reports.

Employee Reporting Responsibilities Employee Reporting Responsibilities

Learn about responsible employees and confidential employees.


Find answers to frequently asked questions regarding reporting options.